Home Forums General Discussion Mounting Flat Screen TV on the walls Re: Re: Mounting Flat Screen TV on the walls


Hi Ben,

it does depend on what wall you want to use, but when I mounted by TV we found that it was not a stud wall, but in fact what my father (who used to be a joiner and is now in the building trade) called a “dot and dab” wall – where the plaster board is fixed via plaster dotted across the length and height of the wall. 

You'll most likely have to drill into the breeze block behind the wall and use special screws, etc., to fix it securely. I suggest you get some help if it's not something you're used it doing.