Home Forums General Discussion 2012 ground rent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Hi all,

I'm purchasing a one-bed flat in Rainbow Quay. If anyone knows the 2012 ground rent for a one-bed flat, could you please let me know? The vendors' solicitors state the 2012 ground rent to be £150 in the final statement, but I think it should be more than that per the lease (the lease states that ground rent increases every 15 years).

Thanks in advance
      Mimi

imported_post

Hi Mimi,

You are correct the ground rent does get reviewed every 15 years and this is the year of the review.  The freeholder had been waiting for the RPI figures to be published by the ONS and thus the bills for this year are later than usual.  I should imagine that the bills will be with us shortly.

Hope that helps.

Regards
      Simon

imported_post

Thanks Simon, I just hope the bill arrives before my completion next Friday. After renting for more than 5 years in the building, I'm finally becoming a home owner.

imported_post

Hi Mimimit,

Its always nice to hear that somebody who has been a long term renter has enjoyed their time at Rainbow Quay so as to wish to become a permanent resident.  🙂

FYI the 2012 ground rent demands are out and the £150 per annum band has risen to £232.57 per annum.

The next review will occur at the end of 2026.

All the best
      Simon

imported_post

Hi Can someone please post the name and phone number of the company that collects the ground rent. Thanks

imported_post

Hi BenS,

The contact details are:

Secure Reversions Limited
      14 Wilton Road
      Salisbury
      Wiltshire
      SP2 7EE

Tel.: 01722 421 234
      Fax: 01722 419 019
      E-mail: admin@14wiltonroad.co.uk

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Tom

imported_post

Thanks for that Tom. I am overseas and I'm sure they're sending out threatening letters for 2013 ground rent by now.

cheers

imported_post

You're welcome, BenS – and you may well be right, as payment demands went out in mid-November.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.