Home Forums General Discussion Be vigilant & wait until the Garage Door has closed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

All

We had an incident of breaking and entering on Sunday afternoon (20th) where youths gained access to the West garage and stole some items of mine.

Thus we have had 1 incident of theft in September (which I know of) and another in October.

Please – I cannot stress this enough – stop and wait until the garage door has closed fully before driving off.

This includes entering and exiting the garage.  Thieves will seize any opportunity to enter the garage, even waiting until the last possible second to squeeze through and break the infra red beam.

Also please be vigilant and take the time to report any suspicious activity around Rainbow Quay. 

If you see something that doesn't look right, it probably isn't.  Pick up your phone and call the Met – ask whether they can send a unit round, state that the garage is a regular burglary target.

Contact numbers for the Surrey Docks Safer Neighbourhoods Team are as follows:
      0208 649 3588 – NOT an emergency number, but this will link straight to one of their mobile phones
      0300 123 1212 – Non-emergency call number
      999 – Emergency call number.
      http://www.met.police.uk/saferneighbourhoods

Thanks for your help with this.

Stuart

imported_post

Very Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

There are notices above the all garage doors which from recollection state “that the premises are protected by CCTV.”

Is there not CCTV footage of the thieves entering and leaving the garages? Or even footage of the thieves in the garages? Perhaps the CCTV images are poor, but at least it could give an indication as to the time of entry and departure.

imported_post

Hi Tax Accountant,

Yes we have CCTV footage of the incident and are working together with the Met on this.

Thanks for your input.

Stuart

imported_post

Hi,

I always wait for the main garage door to close before driving off however, a good start would be making sure the doors at the stairs to the garages actually close correctly. I reported this to Woods over a year ago and they 'fixed' it by putting up a sign saying 'Please make sure this door is closed behind you'. Depending on which way the wind blows it may or may not close on its own.

I'd say 40% of the time it isn't closed properly.

Cheers,  Damo.

imported_post

Daymo.

I have checked the closer under your block and you are correct in that it does not always close.  I have emailed Wayne this morning and it will be repaired as soon as a new gas cylinder closer has been acquired.

ATB

Simon.

imported_post

The door in question has now been fixed and the sign removed.

Simon.

Hi,

I always wait for the main garage door to close before driving off however, a good start would be making sure the doors at the stairs to the garages actually close correctly. I reported this to Woods over a year ago and they 'fixed' it by putting up a sign saying 'Please make sure this door is closed behind you'. Depending on which way the wind blows it may or may not close on its own.

I'd say 40% of the time it isn't closed properly.

Cheers,  Damo.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.