Home Forums General Discussion Bike Theft 06 March

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Spotted some unusual activity last night in the main/big garden. Quickly realised this was 3 people stealing bikes. I shouted and they ran away. Should we change the security codes on the garage doors?

imported_post

Thanks Orpy,

Were the back gates left open do you know?  I will check the closers on each of the pedestrian doors, sometimes they can leave themselves slightly ajar.

I will get the codes changed if the checks above prove inconclusive.  I have had a look at the CCTV and they didn't go to the bike racks at the entrance or exit so it does make this a bit more suspicious.

imported_post

Happy to help, conincidence I was on the patio at the time.

The entry garage door was the only one I checked and was closed. a fellow neighbour (green,and dock side) took one bike they didn’t manage to take but had “unchained” back into the building.

imported_post

The gates were locked so far as I know.
      Chris

imported_post

On the night in question after I spotted the theives, I checked my bike and it was there. Discovered it was missing this morning. Not sure if they finished the job that night or came back. They must have had some very large bolt cutters to get through my 2 bike locks. I have reported to the police. Can I ask if there was anything on CCTV. I’m sure they were smart enough to wear hoodies and/or caps to avoid identification

imported_post

So there was a racing bike with a note on about being prevented from being stolen, which is (i hope still in the garage) could this be yours?

I will check the CCTV, which rack was it locked too?

imported_post

My bike was recovered, thank you whoever recovered and Simon for returning.

I noticed the bikes that were untouched had a D-Lock, my 2 chains were pretty substantial but the D-Locks must prove more difficult for a bolt cutter. I am purchasing now and would recommend the same to any other residents.

Happy weekend ahead

imported_post

Hi Orpy,

I have CCTV of the lads.  Not very good images of faces but very clear what they were wearing so it might be useful to the police.

Anecdotal evidence is that entry was by the unlocked back gate and a propped open pedestrian door.

Let me know if the police want the CCTV and I will supply it.

imported_post

Actually I have one good face picture.

imported_post

We also had a bike stolen at this time. Have reported it to the police, but didn't hear anything. Was the CCTV footage sent to the police?

imported_post

It was.  It would probably would be useful to have the two crime numbers linked.  I do not have either of those.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.