Home Forums General Discussion bt down?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

hi all. is your bt landline and broadband down? just wondering if the whole block is suffering? i spoke to bt and they were their usual unhelpful selves. does anyone have any news?

imported_post

I'm with Sky broadband but BT line rental. Mine went off yesterday around lunchtime. I spoke to Sky (surprisingly helpful) and there is a problem in our area. They put through a 'queue jump' issue to BT and promised me it would be resolved by today (Sunday) late afternoon. Fingers crossed on that as when I check BT it comes up with a default of resolution by 3rd May. If I hear any more i will post an update.

imported_post

thanks James. yes 3rd of May was what BT said to me which I thought was a bit ridiculous. let's hope for later today then.

imported_post

I've spoken to BT this morning, and it appears that the fault may not have been reported until Sunday (after I reported it on Saturday – not sure what's happening there). They have no idea when it will be fixed … although the guy promises to call me this afternoon once he has looked into it.

As it stands, an engineer is down for Thursday (3rd). I have pointed out that it's multiple people who have no service (the people I know of in our block plus there are friends around the area that are also off).

Sadly, my initial optimism that the service level would be anything greater than “worst possible” seems to have lapsed. He did confirm that it is a BT problem though.

When (if) he calls back I will update.

imported_post

If you haven't reported any problem yet, then the number is (if you have a mobile) 0800 800 151 or you can go to http://www.bt.com and there is a link to “Report a Fault” in the bottom left corner of the screen … (if you have 3G … or use the internet at work !).

imported_post

Our BT landline (and, with it, our internet connection) went on Saturday 28th, which we reported to BT the same day. I received a text message in response timed at 15:48 on Saturday, saying that “We aim to fix your fault by 5pm on 03/05/2012“…

imported_post

I am able to view on-line with my Talk-Talk account the following message

“We are aware of a problem with the network in your area, and working to fix it now. This customers exchange is currently experiencing an outage. Voice and Cate are affected. Our Engineers are aware of the issue and are currently invesgiating.”

The first we knew about this was when we caouldn't connect to Broadband yesterday morning. Both phone and Broadband were dead and still are.

imported_post

Same here.

Our BT landline (and, with it, our internet connection) went on Saturday 28th, which we reported to BT the same day. I received a text message in response timed at 15:48 on Saturday, saying that “We aim to fix your fault by 5pm on 03/05/2012“…

imported_post

Ladies and gentlemen – I am pleased to announce that my neighbour has regained their phone line … and I have just called my landline which appears to be working. I just hope the broadband is working too.  Fingers crossed.

imported_post

BT just texted me to say its supposed to be working too.

imported_post

I just received the “…back to normal now…” text from BT as well.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.