Home Forums General Discussion Cigarette butts thrown out of flat windows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Good day

We live in 7 Rainbow Quay on the first floor.  Someone on either the second or third floor in our block is continually throwing their cigarette butts out of their window onto the pavement.  It has landed inside our flat a couple of times, which isn't very pleasant.  It is also potentially dangerous in case it could start a fire and the litter outside just looks awful.

I have put up notices asking whoever it is to please stop, but it is still continuing.  If it doesn't stop, does anyone know what can be done about this or whether I can put in a complaint somewhere?

Thank you very much
      Rainbow Resident

imported_post

This is a breach of the terms of the lease.  I shall have RMG send letters too all the flats in that block to draw attention to this matter.

Also if you could pursue this with the council as I would have thought this constitutes anti social behavior.

All the best
      Simon

imported_post

Hi,We had a similiar problem with tenants above us since the landlord starting letting his flat on a room basis,I took direct action returning the stubs via their letter box after they failed to respond to my requests to respect other residents property,RMG failed to respond,despite the fire hazard caused by trying to flick the stubs into the garden over our terrace and after an incident when our decking was scorched I involved the police and the offending occupants of the apartment were given formal warnings as it was criminal damage and they would charge them if there was any further complaints and apart from 1 accidental reoccurance I have had no further trouble. I guess the threat of a criminal record for such a stupid reason finally hit home!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.