Home Forums General Discussion Cleaning of doorsteps

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Judging by the ground in dirt on the front and back doorsteps of many entrances to the blocks along Rainbow Quay, it would appear that they have not been mopped for many months. They look absolutely filthy! Yet the cleaner always ticks the box on the noticeboard wallchart to say that it is mopped every week, and there is also a tick against mopping in the inspection box.
      Has anyone actually seen the doorsteps being mopped recently?

imported_post

What did the cleaner say when you rang him up to ask him about it?

imported_post

If you can give me the telephone number of the person responsible for supervision of the cleaner, I will gladly tell them, and relay the message back on this message board,

although I would suggest that it is a matter for the Management Committee to ensure that the owners and occupiers are getting value for money, which at the moment my eyes are telling me is not the case.

imported_post

I dont understand why it has got to be an issue that has to be dealt with by a supervisor?  Why can you not just ring Michael, his number is on the board, and ask him what he is playing at.  I am quite certain he will apologise and be round to mop the steps.

He generally takes pride in his work but like everybody he does make mistakes.  I think he likes feeling part of the community at RQ and constructive feedback from people has got to be a better way to deal with this then a supervisor giving him an ear bashing?

imported_post

I have just had a chat with Michael and Paul about the mopping.  It has been about 2 weeks since they last did a mop.  I had actually told them that the steps do not need mopping every week and that a brushing will do unless there has been a spill.  I also do not expect them to mop if its raining.  They have quite a tight schedule to get things done and sometimes they get carried away removing marks from the walls and then run out of time for the mopping which is the last job.  They have said they will mop the back parts Friday and the if they get time the front too, if not these will get done next week.

I know the Greenland dock side suffers more then rope street because of the aspect. 

I really would like to encourage everybody, if they have a specific cleaning issue to speak directly to the cleaners.  I have gone through 3 firms trying to get things up to spec.  They are a good couple of guys and respond well if you take the time to chat with them.

imported_post

Thanks for your efforts, although in my honest opinion I have been watching the steps for a lot longer than 2 weeks and the dirt is so thick in places I would have little difficulty with signing my name with my finger in the dirt, if I was that way inclined.

It is not that I want to give anybody a bollacking but I do expect the cleaners to tick the mopping box in their action chart only when they have actually done the mopping, and if they have not done the mopping, then to leave the box unticked and at least leave a message in the comment box to say why.

imported_post

4 weeks on from my previous message, and there still appears to have been no activity on the mopping of the steps on the Rainbow Quay side for any block.

If any message board user has ever seen mopping take place, I would be pleased to know when and where.

The steps are so filthy they now need a thorough scrubbing.
      Messages have been left in the cleaning comment box on the noticeboard to our block, not only by myself, but a resident of another flat, about the state of the steps. Yet every week, the message appears to be ignored and the mopping box 5 ticked.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.