Home Forums General Discussion Common area cleaning / lighting in block 4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Hi,

It seems as though the common areas in Block 4 have not been cleaned in months.  The wastepaper bin beside the door is continually full and all the carpets in the common areas are in desperate need of a vacuum.

Also the lights in the common areas need to be checked and replaced.  The light on level 1 is still not working – not sure if they were replaced or not. If they were then I certainly did not notice.

I have tried to contact the management company but have had no success.  Wayne Savage has been away on holiday.  I have tried to liase with Customer Services who advise they will report the matter to Wayne's manager Glen Tilley.  I have also sent him an email and have not had a response.

Has anyone else in block 4 been able to contact the management company successfully on this?

Does anyone know who assumes Wayne's responsibilities when he is away on holiday?

Any suggestions as to how this can be resolved are welcome!

Thx
      Stuart

imported_post

Hi Stuart,
      I believe that this problem has occured as we are in the process of changing cleaning firms, due to the poor performance of the current ones.  We have had the tenders in but Waynes holiday coincided with the switch over.  Wayne is back from Holiday this week and I will give him a bell Wednesday to find out where we are with the cleaners and the new contract.
      I will give an update once I know the facts.
      All the best
      Simon.

imported_post

Thanks Simon – Appreciate it.

Do you have any suggestions re. the lighting problem ?

Stuart 

imported_post

Changing of light bulbs is part of the cleaning remit.  I have been waiting for my porch light to be replaced for some time now. I am a bit loathed to pay to have a contractor come out to change a light bulb. Until we get the new cleaners in and briefed on the service level we expect I think you will just have to bear with us.  I expect all this to be sorted out this week. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is all a result of the shoddy firm that has had its contract terminated.
      Regards
      Simon.

imported_post

okay – pls keep me posted.

Thanks Simon.

Regards
      Stuart

imported_post

Simon / Wayne

It would appear that the lights in the common areas have now been fixed and the common areas have now had a much needed vacuum in block 4

It would however be helpful to have some timetable regarding when the cleaner is due – in this way we would be able to establish whether they come or not.

Does anyone know if the cleaner is supposed to come daily / weekly / monthly ?  If so on what day and with what regularity ?

Also any news regarding the new cleaning contract ?

Thanks
      Stuart

imported_post

Stuart.  thanks for the update on the cleaning.  Wayne informed me that the new contract starts this month.  In terms of a timetable we had already decided that a sheet that the cleaner can sign off when they do each block, will be put up on the common area notice boards.  That way we can all gain familiarity as to when each block gets done and can question things if they are not up to standard.  I am not sure if Wayne will add anything to this but he has assured me he shall be on site next week to brief the cleaners on what is expected. Some blocks need another notice board so I hope that we will get these all in place for the beginning of April.

Each stairwell should be being cleaned once a week for your information.

Also the new contract is on a trial basis so feedback on the standards going forward will be welcome.

all the best
      simon

imported_post

Simon – Many thanks for the update.

Also glad to hear that feedback is welcomed and that the new contract is on a trial basis.

Simon / Wayne – Can you perhaps forward me a provisional cleaning timetable so that I may know when the cleaner is expected in block 4 ? ie. Which day of the week and for what hours ?

My sincere apologies for seeming petty but I feel this has to be managed properly going forward – otherwise we will end up with the same situation as last time.

Thanks
      Stuart

Anonymous

Dear Stuart

It appears that due to the change over there will be a slight delay in cleaning your block.

The new cleaners first visit will be on saturday and i am confident that they will do a good job.

As simon has mentioned, we will also be arranging for log sheets to be placed on the notice boards to monitor their visits.

Hopefully the new cleaners should put any ongoing concerns residents have to rest.

Kind regards

Wayne Savage

imported_post

Hi Wayne,

The light in the common area of block 4 (on floor level 3) needs to be looked at.  This is a recurring problem as it would seem the bulb is continually replaced after which it soon blows and reverts back to normal status. ie. emitting a strange buzzing sound.

Also, the plastic “lips” (guards) on the stairs need to be glued back.  Three or so have come loose since last week and need to be repaired.

Please could you attend to this and let us know when it will be resolved.

Thanks
      Stuart

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.