Home Forums General Discussion Docks and Waterways

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

The South Dock Marina Harbour Master, Christopher Magro contacted me to reach out to locals in the area for ideas as to how the docks and waterways around Surrey Quays can be improved.  He is looking for input from residence with regards to all aspects of the docks and wateways. So if you have any views on what you would like to see improved, or ways that the facilites can be enhanced then please do share them here, or contact him directly at christopher.magro@southwark.gov.uk.

Thanks.
      Simon.

imported_post

I am  not sure if this is entirely what the Harbour Master wants to hear about but I personally have witnessed people coming from the South Dock Marina depositing rubbish bags around the rubbish bin oposite the Watersports Centre.

Also there are frequently bags of rubbish deposited around the rubbish bin on RopeStreet itelf. It is not only unsightly but both locations are at the mercy of whatever can cause their contents to spill onto the street, which happens frequently.

Are the residents of the Dock Marina actually given adquate provision to dispose of their rubbish ?

Calum.

imported_post

The Council is aware of this problem and those who dump rubbish get fines in the post (if they are daft enough to leave address details within the rubbish)

I was really looking for ways that the area might be improved for all who live around the waterways of Surrey Quays.  Ideas that cropped up were water filtration to remove sediment.  A designated swimming area.  Improved Wildlife facilities.  That sort of thing.  Anything that anybody thinks might make the area better.

Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.