Home Forums General Discussion Front door at 2 Rainbow Quay jammed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

All,

Just for your info, the front door at 2 Rainbow Quay has become jammed and does not open from the inside. Apart from the obvious inconvenience, the health and safety risk is considerable, and the fault has been immeditely reported to RMG.

Given that front door keys only fit individual stairwells, it means there is currently no exit from the building at 2RQ if, as in our case, you do not have the pedestrian access code to the car park and a car fob, or up-to-date keys to the garden gate.

One work-around for if/when you do have to leave your home to go to work or otherwise until this gets fixed is to have someone buzz you out.

Chris T – thank you very much for your help a short while ago.

Kind regards

Tom

imported_post

Tom and All
      This obviously needs to be sorted urgently. If you get no response from RMG very early tomorrow I suggest you contact our very local locksmith,(he lives on a boat on Greenland Dock) Rob Douglas of ABKey on 07958942990 or 08000965696. He is usually very prompt and RMG has always paid his bills when I have had to get him out.
      Chris

imported_post

Thank you, Chris.

There was an email in from Customer Service at RMG timed today at 00:37:12 saying they have asked their contractors to attend “within 1-2 working days“.

I have written back to say I think the issue needs to be sorted more urgently and have suggested they instruct Rob Douglas and given his contact details.

Btw, this follows a period of the door not closing properly (also reported to RMG), which remained the case up until the current issue of the lock being jammed shut.

In the context of basically being trapped in the building, I have been surprised to find that phone lines at RMG are open Monday to Friday only with no out-of-hours emergency contact number of which I am aware.

I am glad you were in yesterday afternoon to help me exit!

Kind regards

Tom

imported_post

Hi all,

Though I'm sure everyone will notice when they next exit the building, by way of an update for those still wondering: the issue appears to have been resolved as of this evening; the door could be opened from the inside when I returned from work.

Thanks to those that escalated with RMG.

-Rich

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.