Home Forums RQ Board Announcements IDENTITY THEFT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

All – Just to advise that today I received a PIN number for a card I don't have. It seems somebody has applied for an Amex with all of my details which was approved and sent out. They had my mothers maiden name incorrect but it was approved anyway – even though I have another card with them … it has been cancelled now without any spending being made but it seems that the stolen post issue is a very real issue and I would recommend everybody checks their credit files for activity that is not theirs.

The reference agencies have to provide a £2 report to you (for Experian the link is here http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/statutory-report.html?sc=701789 and they are normally a little hard to find the link to as they want to sell you their expensive alternatives).

imported_post

It appears that other people have also had action taken including money being stolen from bank accounts this week. Please check with your bank and credit card companies as it seems the development has been targeted. Watch out for individuals hanging around the letter boxes and try to empty yours wherever possible. 

imported_post

All – the postbox restrictor plates were installed in the past few days (to make it more difficult to get hands into the post boxes). Today more post was received with various cards and PIN letters which either luckily were not removed or couldn't be removed.

Please be vigilant.  Check your post boxes. Check your credit file (Experian being the largest – the £2 statutory credit report is the cheap option and the link is at the bottom of the page).

Above all it has been brought to light that somebody may be buzzing flats above the ground floor and asking for entry to the flats claiming to have deliveries for them to leave inside. Please just hang up and do not respond OR go down and take a delivery in person.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.