Home Forums General Discussion Mice problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Good day to all

We live in 7 Rainbow Quay and have been struggling with a mice infestation.  They are in the ceilings and the walls and we can hear them nibbling away day and night.  And it is getting worse – I recently discovered one in my kitchen cupboard.  Does anyone else have a mice problem too?

Thank you
      T

imported_post

T,

I am very sorry to hear about your problem. At the recent AGM, the Residents' Association and Management Company said they were not aware of any current infestations, so obviously you need to report it if you have not already, but it is not the first time the issue has been raised on this forum – see for instance these threads:

http://www.rainbowquay.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=14.0

http://www.rainbowquay.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=114.msg418#msg418

Hopefully, you will find a way to have your problem solved very quickly!

Kind regards

Tom
      10, 2 RQ

imported_post

Thank you very much for the threads Tom – we found it very helpful.

Yes, I reported the problem to Wood and Pilcher a few weeks back and they sent out a pest control expert to come and assess the situation.  When it was established that the mice were not in our apartment at that time, but only behind the kitchen cupboards, in the walls and the ceiling, we were informed that it is then the responsibility of the block manager to sort the problem.  They contacted the block manager about this about 3 weeks ago, but we have yet to hear anything back.  So I think it is clear to deduce that the block manager is not going to do anything about it.

Regards
      T

imported_post

Hi I am not sure who Pilcher is that you have reported this issue too.  Anyway, our property manager is off ill at the moment and has been very busy with all the year end stuff.  When he is back I will speak to him and find out what the recommendation of the pest controller is ( I believe we use EBS).  The bottom line is that the space behind the walls inside the flats is in fact not common area and is the responsibility of the Tenant.  That said it is my opinion that an issue like this will eventual effect all unless its dealt with. It also appears as if there is some seasonality associated with it as it was when the weather turned colder last year that the reports started to come in.  As far as I am aware it seems as if its just blocks 6 and 7 that are effected.  When I have some further information I shall provide it.

Regards
      Simon.

imported_post

The managing agent is still off ill.  However I found the following information on southwark councils website. 

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/uploads/FILE_32732.pdf

snippet below:

What can I do to prevent mice in my home?
      The smallest scraps of food or liquid are attractive to hungry mice. To avoid attracting mice into your home:
      • Wash kitchen surfaces before and after preparing food and clean up any left-over mess
      • Sweep and mop all food and liquids from the floor regularly
      • Keep food stored in air tight containers
      • Empty bins regularly
      How can I get rid of mice?
      You can try to get rid of mice yourself. Most garden centres, hardware shops and large chemists will stock a range of poisons and mouse traps. It is very important to follow the instructions carefully. Alternatively you can get a professional pest control company to carry out the treatment for you.
      How we can help
      Call pest control on 0800 952 4444. If you have tried to get rid of mice in your house but without any success, we can visit and carry out a survey to advise on the best control measures. This could mean that we have to visit and treat a number of nearby homes at the same time, (block treatment). If poison baits are used, they should be left undisturbed. We will return to check these, and refill them if necessary. They will be removed when you no longer have a problem.
      If you have a problem with mice and there is already a private pest control contractor treating our home or block, please do not contact us.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.