Home Forums General Discussion Orange VW Camper Van, abandoned?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Hi All,

Not sure if many people come on here very often but was hoping somebody knew something about the rusty orange vw camper van parked up in front of the dock just off rope street (googlemaps pic below).

It hasn't moved in the passed 2 years from what i can tell. It's in pretty bad shape and looks like it needs a bit of love.

Does anyone possibly know the owner and what his plans are for it? My girlfriend and I are both classic vw enthusiast's and wouldn't mind knowing if the owner may be interested in selling.

untitled_zpsaef5c5b8.jpg

photo_zps83afe87e.jpg

imported_post

Its taxed and insured and I have seen the owner check it occasionally.  I believe the owner lives on one of the boats of South Dock.  It might be an idea to fix a note to it with your enquiry and maybe she will reply.  Long shot would be asking at the dock office, as she may have registered it with them.

Hope that helps.

All the best
      Simon.

imported_post

Wow a bit of luck, thanks Simon! Will take your advise and try contact her that way. If you do manage to see her again would you mind pointing her in the direction of this thread. Much appreciated!

imported_post

Just to let you know the Camper has been clamped by the DVLA and it is due to be removed next week.  Not sure if you were able able to track down the owner via the dock office but time is running out.

imported_post

Thanks for this bit of info Simon. I had a note up for about 3 weeks to contact me but not sure if the owner removed it or it blew away.

I haven't looked at the dock office yet, do you perhaps know where it is located? May pop down after work

imported_post

ok made a few calls to the DVLA and it was their wheel clamping contractor NSL that clamped the vehicle at 9.09am this morning due to expiry of tax. The clamp will only be removed if a fine of £260 is paid within 24 hours i.e. by 9am tomorrow. I'm actually considering paying the fine on the owners behalf but i'd need to tax it too if it wasn't to be clamped again but i don't think this is an option.

imported_post

On the walk home from work I by chance saw they owner at the vehicle and she had the clamp removed. Turns out she is not interested in selling so might see this around for a while to come

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.