Home Forums General Discussion Rodents in Rainbow Quay?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Over the past couple of weeks we've heard and seen what appears to be evidence of rodents (mice I assume) running between the walls and in the cavity space behind the fridge cupboard. 

We've set some traps that haven't been successful so we were thinking of putting out rat poison but were concerned that may result in a bad smell stuck between the walls.

Have any other flats been having a problem with this and can anyone advise what is the correct procedure to get this sorted out?  Am I best to notify RMG?

Regards,

Tim 
      Block 5

imported_post

Dear Tim

Sorry to hear of your problem.

Some rat poisons may be harmful to children and pets, so if you think the poison smell is going to permeate through the walls, it may be best to check with your neighbours first.

All the best

Andrew

imported_post

Tim,

My understanding was that your concern might be the smell of decomposing rodents in the wall cavity and not the smell of the poison itself? Anyway, I am not an expert at all on these issues and dread the day we may be faced with a similar problem (we do live a dockside development…) but would have thought the management company a good place to start, and sooner rather than later. And no, it is not the first reported incident of its kind, as a search of this forum will testify, although probably a first for the West Block.

Good luck with getting rid of your suspected infestation.

Kind regards

Tom
      10, 2 RQ

imported_post

Many thanks Andrew and Tom for your replies. 

I have been in touch with RMG and they have advised that a company called Environmental & Building Services Ltd  is contracted to take care of rodents in the development and are currently implementing a programme to resolve a number of known problems. 

Interestingly enough we haven't seen/heard any further evidence of mice since I originally posted the note so maybe the problem is on its way to being resolved.

Cheers,

Tim

imported_post

one of the many suggestions from the internet………….

Rats and Mice…
      Exterminate by setting out shallow pans of non-diet cola. The rodents love the sugary liquid, drink it greedily and within a few days they will die. They evidently cannot burp, so the carbonation bloats their bodies and kills them. It's an inexpensive solution and is safe to use around pets and farm animals.

imported_post

Reminds me of the nursery rhyme 'pop goes the weasel' or in this case pop goes the rodent  ;D

imported_post

From further internet research, it transpires that although rats cannot burp, they can f*rt and so the coke may have unintended consequences….

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.