Home Forums General Discussion Service charge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Hi I have a question on service charge payments and would appreciate any advice.

I just received an invoice for the service charge for the year. I called RMG enquiring about paying it over standing orders and they informed me that there is a £30 administration charge for paying by sanding orders as opposed to a one-off payment. £30 seems quite extortionate for me. Does anyone else who pay over standing orders have this administration charge levied?

Thanks

imported_post

That's news to me, I have never been aware of an admin. charge.  and I have paid by standing order for years.

I would seek further clarification.

imported_post

I echo what Simon wrote but think you need to set up the standing order yourself without asking for RMG's assistance with any form filling etc. (i.e. probably “admin”).

imported_post

Tom  is right. Just set up a standing order and forget about it!
      Chris T

imported_post

All, thanks for the replies. I have decided to set up a direct debit without further “assistance” from RMG.

As I bought the flat on 3 February, I'm planning for 1 April standing order to cover all periods up to April 30, and all future standing orders to cover the respective month in advance.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks
      Mimi

imported_post

Mimi,

You're welcome.  Your plan sounds reasonable enough to me, but I am obviously not RMG.  Perhaps better still, you could pay online (http://rmgltd.co.uk/services/private/rmg-living.htm) now to the end of March and then monthly in advance from 1 April.

Tom

imported_post

Tom, thanks for the suggestion. I've done that and will write a letter to RMG explaining what I have done.

Mimi

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.