Home Forums General Discussion SkyQ in block 99

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I just attempted to have Sky Q installed today but was advised by the engineer “Tested the head end, power levels were too low and in the 40’s and should be 65-85”. He suggested this could be boosted from the main Ariel configuration or a DCSS needs to be installed in the block. He said he had seen DCSS units in other blocks. Could someone please help.

Many thanks

Cliff

Tim

Hi Cliff – when we moved in a couple of years ago we tried to move our Sky Q with us and was told by the engineer that the building wasn’t configured for it. I recall asking fellow residents at the time and I think the response was that not enough people wanted the upgrade, hence it didn’t happen. However if this has changed I’d like to know as I prefer Sky Q to the basic model we have at the moment.

We are in 96.

Tim.

Tim,

That definitely was the case but the main antenna was upgraded about a year ago.

My engineer visited a couple of weeks ago and although we have a SkyQ antenna, each block needs to be fitted with a unit called a DCSS. I spoke with Simon and he arranged this very quickly (apparently it’s only installed where needed). The engineer is booked again for the week after next.

I hope this helps.

Tim

Thanks Cliff – so will the engineer coming in a couple of weeks be fitting a DCSS for every block?

Tim,

I would suggest you speak with Simon to see if your block has the required unit already. He quickly arranged for it to be installed in my block. Sorry for the late reply.

Regards

Cliff

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.