Home Forums General Discussion Trouble with Royalmail and Parcel delivery?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I know i have!

On several occasions, I have had parcels trying to be delivered, but obviously fail, as I'm at work all day. Therefore expecting a 'Sorry you were out' card was not out of the ordinary. However, after 48 hrs as stated on the card (why that long, i don't know!) I make an effort and take the card to the post office depot in the morning, to find that the parcel was not at the depot, but probably still at a sorting office somewhere. Therefore, i go the next day, and the day after next – still nothing. Previously, I have had the parcel 'returned' because i 'did not' pick it up in time.

I've also tried redelivering it to the local post office (Lower road) for a fee of 50p, but even having asked for pickup from there on a particular day, they still do not seem to have it when I go there in the morning, hence having to go the next day, and possible the day after.

This only really happens to Royalmail, i find, as other parcel delivery companies open until much later, and by the next evening, when i return from work, I am able to go and pick it up.

I was wondering, if anyone reading this post happen to be at home (Rainbow Quays) all day on any day, whether they would be happy to sign for my deliveries, should it be required (usually just royalmail ones, where I should be able to redeliver to same area for free). I would be happy to pay the fee of 50p per parcel for their troubles (in line with the local post office) when i pick it up in the evening after work.

Please do let me know if you're interested, and you can reply via this forum or send me an email xanthe_80@xsmail.com.

I'm sorry for wingeing, but I really really have been fed up with Royal Mail for the past 5 yrs…..(and i am expecting to order a bits and bobs in the near future)..

imported_post

This sounds all too familiar, and for the same reasons both my wife and I now have most deliveries made c/o our respective work addresses. You may have to register your work address to your credit/debit card as an alternative (delivery) address, but that is usually it.

Tom
      10, 2 RQ

I know i have!

On several occasions, I have had parcels trying to be delivered, but obviously fail, as I'm at work all day. Therefore expecting a 'Sorry you were out' card was not out of the ordinary. However, after 48 hrs as stated on the card (why that long, i don't know!) I make an effort and take the card to the post office depot in the morning, to find that the parcel was not at the depot, but probably still at a sorting office somewhere. Therefore, i go the next day, and the day after next – still nothing. Previously, I have had the parcel 'returned' because i 'did not' pick it up in time.

I've also tried redelivering it to the local post office (Lower road) for a fee of 50p, but even having asked for pickup from there on a particular day, they still do not seem to have it when I go there in the morning, hence having to go the next day, and possible the day after.

This only really happens to Royalmail, i find, as other parcel delivery companies open until much later, and by the next evening, when i return from work, I am able to go and pick it up.

I was wondering, if anyone reading this post happen to be at home (Rainbow Quays) all day on any day, whether they would be happy to sign for my deliveries, should it be required (usually just royalmail ones, where I should be able to redeliver to same area for free). I would be happy to pay the fee of 50p per parcel for their troubles (in line with the local post office) when i pick it up in the evening after work.

Please do let me know if you're interested, and you can reply via this forum or send me an email xanthe_80@xsmail.com.

I'm sorry for wingeing, but I really really have been fed up with Royal Mail for the past 5 yrs…..(and i am expecting to order a bits and bobs in the near future)..

Anonymous

Xanthe, We are in quite a lot as I am retired. Would be happy to take in your parcels when we are here – best to give us some warning if you can, in case we go away.
      Chris and Janet Todhunter
      11/96 🙂

Anonymous

Thanks Chris for the offer.

On a similar note – does anyone know of any problems with Royalmail 'normal' post recently? I don't seem to be receiving any letters at the moment – last time i received letters was Friday week before last.
      Maybe it's because i don't get letters, but i am expecting a tax disc which was ordered 24th Sept (reordered last week and apparantly sent 1st class!).

Just wondering if there's a problem with the service.

imported_post

Hello

I've actually complained both to the Royal Mail's own complaints service (as available by calling the number on the back of the “sorry you were out” cards) as well as an indepent complaints service (though still within the Royal Mail somehow) regarding the shockingly poor service over the last few months.

In particular, we seem to be receiving mail for just about anyone (just checked the mailbox and there was another letter to Flat 2, 3 Rainbow Quay – I'll take that to the correct address shortly) as opposed to mail actually addressed to our flat (Flat 3, 2 Rainbow Quay). This happens almost every day, and includes mail for other flats in our block as well as mail for addresses on Rope Street etc.

In addition, they've started not delivering parcels but just leaving the cards instead – When I spoke to the complaints department they refused to take the complaint down because “it has been agreed with the license holder that parcels for the type of flat you live in will have to be collected at the local delivery office”!!

I personally find this outrageous and completely unacceptable as I have paid for an item to be delivered to my door and not to somewhere 2 miles away…

Anyway, I've had a response back on the second complaint and they are investigating – I shall keep you posted!

Sorry for the rant… one of those days…

Dennis

imported_post

In the past I have gotten hold of the manager of the sorting office responsible for delivery to this area.  Speaking to them personally I found that they took onboard all my complaints and I did find that my service had improved.  If your about during the day you could try and catch the postman himself.  We often have the same chap who calls between 11 and 1.  Unfortunately parcel delivery is an all together different matter and for that I can offer no advice.

All the best
      Simon.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.