Home Forums General Discussion TV reception

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 47 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Anyone else having problems with digital reception for certain tv channels? We seem to have lost ITV, Channel 4 and others – wondering if it's a problem in our flat or wider. Thanks
      Sara

imported_post

have lost Sky and all terrestrial in the living room

imported_post

Hi,

Have also lost all digital and freeview channels, the analogue reception is awful.  Was working fine last night.  I'm in the east block.

Cheers,  Tim. (7/101)

imported_post

Thanks – must be an aerial problem in the east block. I'll give the managing agents a call in the morning. S

Anonymous

Thanks very much for taking care of it, I have lost all reception (both freeview and TV)

Annabelle

Flat 5, 1 south sea

imported_post

We are in the West block, and our reception has also been affected on and off for about a week or so. Until reading these posts, I thought the problems were due to the upgrade work, which however does not now seem to be the case.

Tom
      10, 2 RQ

imported_post

I spoke to the TV engineer first thing this morning and he has attended to the fault in the East Block.  This was a power issue and not to do with the upgrade work.  However I think there has been some internal upgrade work to the West block this week and this would have caused signal interruption.  If there is a problem with the West block signal as of now, please can you advise as the engineer is on site in the East block this afternoon.

All the best
      Simon

Anonymous

Just a quick thank you!

imported_post

Anyone else having problems with digital reception for certain tv channels? We seem to have lost ITV, Channel 4 and others – wondering if it's a problem in our flat or wider. Thanks
      Sara

Howdy everyone

Is there a problem with the Sky dish at the moment?  I've just lost Sky Sports 1 (NZ v France test) and Sky Sports 3.  I've checked through the main channels and have lost 105, 107 and 108 and some other minor channels.  As I'm picking up most channels Sky have said its not a problem with the box.  I think there is an upgrade going on – is that having an effect / is there work going on today?

Cheers

James
      1/4

There is still a problem, it would seem – we have not had any of the four ITV channels for several weeks now, with other channels affected as well, as in: either gone completely or of unwatchable quality. We have been trying to persuade ourselves it was all due to the upgrade work, but increasingly I am not so sure.

Is anyone else in the West block having similar problems, please?

Tom
      10, 2 RQ

imported_post

Hi Tom, I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your sky system.  I use Freesat and I haven't had any of the problems with the channels you mention.  Alan our Sat engineer had been in touch with James and he has discovered that we occasionally loose signal because of a burst microwave transmission that hits the West blocks dish.  We are going to be having a discussion about possibly relocating the dish.  That said this issue generally effects the system for a short period and then it should revert to normal service.  To my knowledge all the upgrade work has been completed.  This suggests to me that perhaps there is an issue with the wiring specific to your flat.  I shall draft up an email to Alan Kay and have him liaise with you to try and establish the exact problem and find a solution for it.
      As an aside I did note that the time of your post was during yesterdays thunderstorm and that could have had an effect on the system.  However I just tested all the channels on mine and they were fine.

All the best
      Simon.

imported_post

Thank you very much, Simon. I actually sent my post from the office and was not aware we had had a thunderstorm in the area on Saturday. The ITV channels were working last night (as they will do from time to time, to be more precise), and sometimes the E4 channels are the only ones affected and/or a number of 'minor' channels approx. between ch. 150 and 250 and approx. above ch. 530 on Sky. However, we have sort of learned to live with it, so it is not a major problem.

Kind regards
      Tom

imported_post

Thank you again, Simon – Alan Kay has been in touch by email with a detailed explanation as to what caused the problems in our stairwell in particular and how they have now been rectified. Great stuff!

Anonymous

Thought I'd resurrect this thread as I've also started having problems with reception in East Block. The message “poor signal” comes up on all '4' channels especially, and some others. Any other flats having issues?

imported_post

I've also been suffering with the TV reception. I'll raise this.

imported_post

We are still having problems with our TV reception (West Block) and are compiling a list of the channels affected for the engineer. A rough estimate is that some 35 channels are currently affected, with at least a handful of them completely unwatchable, including, as I discovered recently when recording some late night boxing, some pay-per-view channels… :'(

imported_post

The East block problem is a failing amplifier, that is on order for replacement.

Tom, Alan Kay will be on site to fit the amp next week so if you could provide more details about your problem he can take a look at your feeds.

ATB
      Simon

Anonymous

We are facing difficulties with the TV programs: “Selected program is not tuned” even though channels are tuned. It looks to me that it is a problem with the satelite dish or similar? We are in flat 8, 6 Rainbow Quay. if engineer will be on site in the coming days keen to show him and find out a solution:07768796396. many thanks. holger

imported_post

Tom, Alan Kay will be on site to fit the amp next week so if you could provide more details about your problem he can take a look at your feeds.

ATB
      Simon

Thank you very much, Simon. We have immediately started updating our list, which stands at 42 channels either unwatchable or unavailable up to Ch 500 so far. Will continue tonight and hope to have a full list by mid-week.

Tom
      10, 2 RQ

imported_post

To update

Part arrived and fitted this afternoon.
      Please let me know if you still have problems.
      You might need to do a complete re-scan for channels on your TV set to
      ensure all channels are available.

This is just for the East block Issue.

Thanks
      Simon

imported_post

My TV is now working normally. Thanks for sorting this Simon.

R

imported_post

I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing more than usual problems with their Sky reception at the moment? Our signal strength is down to approx. 25%, and most or all of our channels are affected, with the picture breaking up and/or freezing and the sound being out of sync with the picture.

Given the timing of the problem, I have come to wonder whether volcanic ash from Iceland may be to blame, both in the sense that high-altitude ash particles can probably partly block out the satellite signal, and to the extent that recent rainfall may have caused a layer of ash to stick to the dish?

Interested to hear any comments. Btw, we are in the West block.

Tom
      10, 2 RQ

imported_post

Hi

I assume nothing has been done to resolve this?  Reception on loads of Sky channels has not been good for a number of days now.  I'm not even getting some channels now (missed the Indy 500 last night!!!).  I have had it confirmed after tests from Sky is not the boxes (multi room) so it must be the dish again.  Anyone with an update on what, if anything, is being done?

Thanks

James 

imported_post

I have emailed the Satellite guy to come and look into the issue.

ATB
      Si.

imported_post

Simon

I think both blocks are experiencing the same problem, I'm in 98 Rope Street and have seen the Sky HD signal strength reduce from 75% to 0% over the last four weeks.

So if somebody could look into it that would be great.

Thanks

Paul

imported_post

We are all in the West Block. 

It would appear from the list of channels I am missing that the dish may have drifted from alignment with one of the satellites.  As soon as I have any more info I will update.

ATB
      Si.

imported_post

Thank you very much for dealing, Simon (and for our recent chat about this) – and to James and Paul for your feedback on my 10th May post.

I have not checked our own signal strength very recently, but most or all channels do remain affected, to the extent that changing one channel up or down from the one we are watching (and then back) every time the picture starts cutting out (probably every 5 or 10 minutes on average) has become an unwelcome routine… As we were also reminded this Bank Holiday, that quick-'fix' obviously is not an option when we are away and have set the box to record, so we ended up with a lengthy recording of a frozen picture.

Tom
      10, 2 RQ

imported_post

Hi,

This is my first foray into the forum! And from some of it that I have gone through, it is a great help having this, so to all contributing, thank you!

We too at 2/4RQ are having problem getting all our Sky channels – and if the French Open finals weren't being shown on BBC, we'd have missed it!

Simon, you did mention that you'd keep us posted on the progress – are the Satellite guys due to be here any time soon? Or have they been already? Because we continue to have most of our channels affected.

Regards,
      Sushmita

imported_post

The engineer was on site Saturday and he sent me an update on this.  It would appear that the mounting for the dish has twisted and so the signal has gone down.  We are looking at moving a dish to another location as the current dish is very hard to access and it costs an arm and a leg to get to it.  I will try and get this sorted out as quickly as possible.

Thanks

Si.

imported_post

All

I noticed on the hallway noticeboard of No.98 this morning a form to indicate if you have been having problems with receiving satellite signals. As well as completing form it asks can you phone Wood Management on 0845 002 4444 and let them know

Si, thanks for your help on this

Paul

imported_post

Hi,

Thank you Paul for the info.

However, there are no notices/forms yet at 4 RQ and we have lost more channels -the entire sports bunch of Sky Sports and the entire bunch of lifestyle channels. Other than the BBC and ITV channels almost nothing on the entertainment group are available – the message reads 'No satellite signals are being received' with a No.36 on the message box.

This is an emergency with Wimbledon and the World Cup around the corner!

I did call Wood Management/RMG – spoke to Carl Dawkins – who refused to pass the call onto Martin Helenas (the property manager for Rainbow Quays) since I did not 'pass data protection'. Furthermore, Carl would not make any note of my complaint as I am a tenant and the landlord needs to contact them.

While I shall be contacting my landlady about this, can no tenants approach RMG for anything? It would be good to know if there are any issues for which we can contact RMG.

Incidentally, I spoke to Sky Customer services, who said that since it seemed to be a dish related problem and that the dish was a communal one, they shall not be able to do anything.

Simon, thank you for your initiative on this. Do let me know if there's anything with which I may be able to help out. I am currently around during the daytime, hence if that helps!

Regards,
      Sushmita

imported_post

Sushmita

FYI, Martin kindly copied me in on an email asking the contractor to let me know when the work is complete so hopefully it won't be long now.

3 other people in 98 Rope Street have raised the issue on the form and I’m guessing all the flats in the west block are linked to the same dish so hopefully this will fix the issue for everybody.

Cheers

Paul

imported_post

Update

Cherry picker will be on site Monday 10am to re-align the dish.  This was the earliest availability.

Regards

Simon.

imported_post

Update.

The dish has been checked and was fine.  However there had been some water penetration into the feed cables so these have been replaced.

Checking the signals there is still problems on some channels.  We are going to swap out the amplifier and try that.  However it may be a problem with a microwave signal that appears to becoming from the Aragon tower, that is interfering with some of the satellite channels.  Update as and when new info is available.

Regards
      Simon.

imported_post

Thank you, Simon. Yes while a number of channels are now available – especially the news and sports, some are still not available – I checked on mine – about 50% of the ones that were down are now back.

imported_post

The new amps and power feeds were fitted yesterday and I am now getting all the Freesat channels.  Could the Sky users check their systems and let me know if there are still any problems?

Thanks

Simon.

imported_post

Hi Simon

We've had the same problem for several days with our freeview – the BBC channels are fine, but ITV and the other commercial channels are hopeless. I found a website forum which explained (in terms I could barely understand) that ITV channels use a more compressed form of transmission, and when the screen is very active eg sport, it can cause the breakup of the picture on the channel showing sport, and also have a knock on effect on the other commercial channels. No great ideas to get over the problem except a better loft aerial – not practical for us on the ground floor.
      has anyone tried a booster between the TV set and the wall socket?
      Ivor

imported_post

Simon

I tested the SKY channels last night and the vast majority are back working. I did find a few that were saying 'no signal being received' but not sure whether they were working or not before this problem started.

Thanks again for all your work in sorting this out

Cheers

Paul

imported_post

Hello all

There has been a “No signal being received” message on our DSTV since about 12:00 this afternoon.  We are in block 7.  Does anyone else seem to have the same problem or are we the only ones?

Thank you
      T

imported_post

I have spoken to my neighbours and they are also having problems – they are also not receiving any satellite signal.  My neighbours are owners, and we're only tenants.  We have both called RMG Management to lodge a complaint, but they said they need more than one owner to lodge a complaint before an engineer can be sent out.  Seeing as we are tenants, our complaint does not qualify.  So if you are an owner and experiencing the same problem, please call 0845 002 4444 to make a complaint.

Thank you
      7 Rainbow Quay
      T

imported_post

We are not receiving satellite signal either since 12pm. I have just tried contacting the building management but they close at 5.30pm. Anyone has any suggestions who to contact?

Anonymous

Same here in block 6 – was fine yesterday (just so we could enjoy England being slaughtered!) but today there is no signal on most of the channels…

imported_post

It will be sods law that after we have just had the cheery picker out to the West block that the East block should have problems with in a week or so. 

I shall email the Sat. guy and see if he can make a site visit to identify the fault.

Update as and when I have one available.

ATB
      Si.

imported_post

I have reported the problem in east block and they say they need another owner occupier to also report the problem before they send someone out. Can someone else please log a fault with them. These faults really are happening too often now.

imported_post

Hi,

Called Woods (RMG) and they have raised the fault with the sat. people, so hopefully it will get sorted sharpish.

Cheers,  Tim 

imported_post

I have just taken a stroll over to the East block and identified the fault.

I have spoken to the property manager and am assured this will be resolved as soon as is possible.

Si.

imported_post

I am very sorry to have to report that the fault cannot be rectified today. 

We are trying to get it looked at first thing in the morning.

Regards
      Simon.

imported_post

Hello,

The fault should be solved.  Could somebody in the East block just check for me and provide an update.

Thanks.

imported_post

Yay!  We have working satellite again.  Just checked and it works. 

Thank you very much.

Regards
      T

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.