Home Forums General Discussion Bicycles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Hello everyone,

At no 7 Rainbow Quay there are a considerable number of bicycles stored at the bottom of the stairs.  Although this sort of storage is against the “regulation”, we understand their danger in being stolen in the garage.  To make the storage more palatable, we suggest that the bicycles are stored in a rack at the bottom of the stairs.

What do you think?

Please reply,
      Regards,
      Francoise Flat 6 – & Rainbow Quay

imported_post

The issue of bikes in the communal areas is I am sure going to be up for discussion at the AGM, especially as the internal decoration is due.  The security of the garages has been greatly improved.  When the security was a problem I had both 2 bicycles stolen and a car vandalised.  I still store my bicycle in the garage and can see no reason why everybody else cannot do the same.  If all residents stored bicycles in the communal areas we wouldn’t be able to get up and down the stairs, it’s a simple as that. 

Simon
      6 / 97

Anonymous

I agree with Simon. Although we will never make the garage 100% secure, we have not had any trouble for a long time since the plywood panels were fitted into the pedestrian doors. I personally keep my bike in the garage and I am sure that it is at least as secure as the entrance halls – probably more so.
      The proposal to be discussed at the AGM is that bicycles should be removed entirely from the stairways.
      Chris T

imported_post

Further to the discussions on this topic at last night's AGM (which, by the way, I thought was a good meeting, reminiscent of the quarterly Residents' Association Meetings of the olden days), the laminated RQ information sheet does indeed say that “Cyclists are not permitted to store bicycles in the common stairway/hall“.

Faced with two definite evils, however, I remain slightly concerned as to the impact of a strictly enforced ban on the state of decoration of the stairwell walls and carpets in particular, to the extent that residents choose instead to store their bikes in their flats.

On the other hand, the fact that the garage is now considered a potentially safer storage area than the entrance halls ought to come as good news to cyclists.

Tom

imported_post

I'd be happy if they could just fix the doors heading down into the garage's. Sticking up a printed piece of paper saying 'Please make sure the door is closed behind you' is hardly going to make anyone who doesn't own a bicycle take the time to turn around and pull the door shut. More often than not I return home from work and the door is  not closed properly.

This may indeed be the reason someone managed to get into the garage and attempt to cut through my bike chain to steal it last week Wednesday.

imported_post

Hi Daymo and welcome to the forum.

This is a good point about the door and thus I was wondering if you had reported it to Wood management?  Also is this problem in the East or West carpark?

Regards

Simon
      6/97

imported_post

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I did report it to Wood Management on Monday but nothing has transpired since as the door is still not closing correctly. It's in the West car park, but i believe there is more then the one door that is broken.

Cheers,
      Daymo.

Anonymous

There seems to be little space to put any additional bicycles in the existing racks in the west car park. Are there any plans to put in additional racks?

There also appears to be a lot of old dusty bicycles that have not been moved in long time.

I also note the garage door was stuck open on Wednesday and Thursday nights this week.

Anonymous

Creating a fenced area for the bicycle storage area in the garage would increase security (at least for the bicycles).

Sean

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.