Home Forums General Discussion Council Tax Banding

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

Of the 70 flats in Rainbow Quay, Blocks 1-7, the Council Tax banding spread is as follows

D 17
      E 46
      F 5
      G 2

As I am in Band F with a two bed room flat, am I to presume that all in D and E have one bed flats?

On checking the house sale price website, I note that when my flat was last sold in Dec 2001, it was at a price virtually the same as a couple of band E properties sold the same time.

Does one any have experience of appeals against their band?
      Any comments would be appreciated as I am clearly thinking of submitting an appeal against my band rating.

Regards

Andrew

imported_post

Hi Andrew, how did you find the spread of bands for the development?

Did you look at the spread for Rope Street and South Sea Street also for further comparison?

Regards

Simon.

imported_post

Its okay I figured out how to do it.  Glancing at the bands for rope street it would seem you may have a case.  Given the symmetrical nature of the development I reckon if you find the mirror image flat on the rope street side and see what band that is then you will have more of an answer / case.

ATB
      Simon

imported_post

Regarding Council Tax Band ratings,

to hep with my appeal against an excessive banding

does anyone know the approximate prices paid for the flats when the developer first put them on the market?

and approximately, what year did the flats first go on to the market?

If not, do you know whom the developer was, or the selling agent?

Thanks

Andrew

imported_post

I heard that they were originally on the market in 96 off plan and completed in 97 (from a neighbour).

imported_post

Thanks James

Andrew

imported_post

Good News, last week we have had our banding reduced from F to E and backdated to 2001.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.