Home Forums General Discussion Freeview channels missing (BBC News HD, BBC Four HD, etc)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      imported_post

Hi all,

I've noticed that since moving into RQ I don't receive some of the freeview channels I used to have.
      BBC News HD
      BBC Four HD
      RT HD
      etc.

I do receive BBC One HD, BBC Two HD, ITV HD, Channel Four and Five HD and some others though. The signal is very strong for these.

Does anyone else have this issue? I have two TVs and they both have this issue.
      I'm wondering if the shared antenna in my block (number 3) is not able to receive the underlying freeview frequencies for these channels. I wanted to check this with others before reporting to Rynew.
      The Crystal Palace transmitter was updated last year to make way for new 5G phone networks, something called the 700MHz clearance that has been taking place UK wide. http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/700mhz_clearance
      The channels that I can't receive are supposedly the ones that were moved to another frequency. In certain cases the antenna would need to be upgraded to a wide band antenna to receive them.

Thanks,
      Peter

imported_post

I do not have a terrestrial HD freeview receiver to be able to answer this question.  The aerial should be suitable for all channels.
      Can anyone else answer this question?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.