Home Forums General Discussion Sewage system

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      imported_post

The communal sewage pipe must be blocked, at 7 Rainbow Quay, because we can hear lots of noise in the communal pipe just like if the dirty water was coming back into the system.
      I mentioned this problem at the Annual Meeting and I was advised to contact Wood Management about it.  I phoned today and the answer I got was far from being friendly: nothing to do with us get your own plumber.
      Any advice?
      Merci
      Flat 6

imported_post

I am going to have to disagree with your analysis.  A noisy pipe doesnt equate to a blocked pipe.  The communal waste system is by its very design going to produce a degree of noise through use from the flats above your own.
      If there were water and indeed smell then the problem would warrent investigation by the managing agent.  If you really are that worried by noisey pipes then I too would recommend you get a plumber in to listen and give you thier diagnoses.

All the best
      Simon.

I have just noted you are on the second floor so I suggest you consult your neighbours below and see if they share your concerns.  If your collective analysis is the same, then I am sure the managing agent would investigate on that basis.

imported_post

Thank you for your answer!
      But the communal pipe is the responsability of the Agent, I wouldn't ask a plumber to come and work on the communal pipe I have no authority to do that.
      Francoise

imported_post

As I said, if your neighbours share your concerns, the managing agent will arrange a site visit and investigate. 

Alternativley you could suggest to the manging agent that they arrange a plumbers visit, on the basis of your concerns alone. However it would seem reasonable that you should accept full liability for all costs incurred should there be no problem for the plumber to solve. 

Regards
      Simon.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.